|Scenes from the Aanalog Release|
It’s been a crazy year to say the least: getting my Master’s, traveling to Croatia, helping students and staff members be successful, constantly trying to be a better teacher, and—most recently—my ongoing (& successful!) treatment for thyroid cancer.
Also, my first solo album, Aanalog, was released a year ago today—hence the reflective tone of today’s blog. My life has changed exponentially recently, so I’m even more grateful for all of the experiences that I’ve accumulated.
I’m thankful for everything that I learned from the successes and the challenges of creating, producing, releasing, and promoting the album, and I’m extremely thankful for all of my friends and family who helped, inspired, taught, and supported me along the way.
Now’s a good time to (re)acknowledge the people who had a direct impact on the record:
Hal Schrenk- Drums
Meagan Bzowy- Vocals
Sarah Anderson- Trombone
Brennan Risling- Sax
Sam Mitchell- Flute
Ryan Unger- Guitar
Charly Hustle- Percussion
Roger Mercier- Percussion & some live drums!
Recording Engineer- Dan Canfield
Mixing Engineer- Jared Kuemper
Mastering Engineer- Phil Demetro
Marriage Engineer- Jenn Hamon-Adair :)
Album Photography- Karyn Kimberley
Album Design- Derek Bachman
Web Design- Rick Hazell
And the live band: Brett Balon (keys), Kyle Krysa (Drums)
Of course, there are many more people I’d like to acknowledge. I’m thankful for:
· everyone who gave the record a listen
· anyone who purchased a song or the entire record!
· People who grooved along at a live show (ticketed or not!)...especially those who traveled to see a show!
· Those who booked the shows and/or did live sound
· Chef Jenni for our fun collaborations
· Anyone who “Liked” my Facebook page, or even liked a photo or status
· Anyone who “Favo(u)rited” or Retweeted a tweet..it really does help a lot!
· Zoe Vassos and the Choc La Cure crew for having me back for their amazing event
· SaskMusic and the Western Canadian Music Alliance/Break Out West
· Cam Fuller, CFCR, CBC, Chrix Morix (ominocity.com), and Bryn Becker (@ thepickup.ca) for some great local press
· International press, like breakthruradio.com
· Ryan Hall (aka. Soulier) for the remix of “Helpless” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5kkmnRMN7M
· Curtis Olson for inviting me into the Two Twenty community
· And YOU, for reading this!